You should already be aware that having a blog for your business is important. There are 1000’s of articles out there which tell you why but for those who are not up to speed….
The key reasons why you should be blogging
- You are making content which can be distributed on social media networks and email newsletters to draw people back to your site and get them into a sales funnel.
- You keep customers up to date with product updates and news about your brand.
- Each blog gives you an opportunity to optimise for a new keyword which can generate more traffic for you.
Why blogging just became even more important for your website
- More recent content will be given preference in search results in some instances.
- This is especially the case when talking about search terms which are topical now.
- An example of this maybe – A previously number one ranking page for the keyword “elections nz” which was published 3 years ago may not rank number 1 any more if a more modern, relevant article was published recently.
- This could change the ranking of about 35% of all search results.