After reading a Techcruch post on new video question and answer tool, VYou, yesterday evening I was pretty keen to get on and have a play. What I found was an interesting product which could have some fantastic uses in business, especially around customer service and sales
VYou basically works like this (hope this makes sense):
- A person can ask a question to a VYou member via a small form under a video of a member.
- When you fill out the form you also have an opportunity to share this on your social networks.
- The member then has an opportunity to answer the question via a video post.
- That question and answer is archived so others can view the answers to your questions.
It took me a couple of minutes to get how everything fitted together, but once I got it, several ideas popped into my head of how it can be used.
- Kiss good bye to the traditional question and answers section of your website and have people log questions and answer them “in person” to provide a different customer service experience.
- Boost product sales by embedding the video responses in your product page. Imagine the passion you can show in your responses to convince customers to purchase.
- If you are personal blogger rather than a business blogger this would be a great way to better connect with your friends and followers. It’s a great way to engage and help your audience learn more about the real you.
In an effort to try this out a bit more, I have signed up and embedded the video widget below (please note this is VYou is in beta and may have bugs and the embedded video may not show). I must say it’s a very weird feeling making a recording of myself waiting to answer a question. I would also say it’s slightly scary that there is a video of my ugly mug on a post on my site. Perhaps I should have hired a model for this. I am concerned about spam and stupid questions but here we go, this could also be a lot of fun.
If you want to try it out just ask me a question below and I will get back to you soon.
How would you use this on your site? Let us know below.